Using a company or business name, logo, or other trademark protected Content without express written permission or in a manner that may deceive, mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation. For the account holder, proper notification by the rightful owners of any and all of the foregoing will count as a strike or result in account suspension. These acts can be criminal. And, the owner of the trademark can take civil action against you and possibly be awarded monetary damages.
To file a US trademark infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written notification. If MediaFire can clearly determine trademark infringement, we will suspend access to the Content. However, because MediaFire is not a dispute resolution service, we may find it necessary to require a subpoena, court order or other valid legal process to establish and defend your trademark, and upon receipt of same, and as required by law, MediaFire will immediately suspend access to the Content.
Filings may be made by submitting a:
- support ticket
- written request to:
- 6606 FM 1488
- Suite 148-322
- Magnolia, Texas 77354
- Identify your company. Include your company website.
- Identify your trademarked word, symbol, domain name, etc.
- Identify the Content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be suspended or access to which is to be disabled, as well as information reasonably sufficient to permit MediaFire to locate the Content. Providing URLs are required to help us locate Content.
- Describe why you believe this to be a violation.
- Describe what action you request we take. Actions exceeding disabling access to the Content or suspending the account holders account will require directives from a court of law or law enforcement authority.
- Provide contact information that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and a valid email address.
The information provided in this legal notice will be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing Content.