MediaFire fully cooperates with Law Enforcement in its pursuit of prosecution for illegal acts.
Requirements for Obtaining Available Information
MediaFire will process requests in accordance with applicable US law, including requests from Canada and the United Kingdom. The requests must:
- be on official letterhead,
- provide information sufficient to identify and contact the person requesting the information,
- include the URL of the Content so we may identify the account holder,
- state which information is requested,
- be signed by an identifiable US or Foreign government representative,
At the time we receive a request, we are able to provide information as described in Table 1 in the section "Data Storage and Retention".
Preservation of Information
Preservation requests in accordance with applicable US law, including requests from Canada and the United Kingdom must contain all the elements from the above section "Requirements for Obtaining Available Information". Information available is described in Table 1 in the section “Data Storage and Retention”. Preservation will be maintained for ninety (90) days unless otherwise requested.
MediaFire responds to all requests utilizing valid legal process in compliance with U.S. law. MediaFire will respond to requests for account holder information from Canada and the United Kingdom, and from other foreign law enforcement agencies on a case by case basis.
Requests may be submitted to MediaFire via fax at 1-(877) 495-4275 or by mail to:
- Attn: Legal Request
- 19241 David Memorial Dr. Suite 170
- Shenandoah, Texas 77385